Hope Prep is growing and looking for teachers!
Join our Team and Make a Difference!
Why Teach at Hope?
At Hope, you will:
#1 DELIGHT in being part of a beautiful story that is greater than yourself!
#2 CELEBRATE time working with an amazingly gifted and fun team for a higher purpose!
#3 SAVOR leading a small class of 10-12 remarkable students in discovering the wonders of God’s world and their God-given and world-changing potential.
#4 ENJOY the freedom that comes with the absence of onerous paperwork, teaching to the test, and excessive meetings.
#5 BE REWARDED with great pay, benefits, and recognition for your hard work.
Hope Preparatory School seeks teachers with a missional spirit and vision to see all children reach their God-given potential regardless of economic status. We seek college graduates from all academic disciplines, whose hope is in God alone, to join our team as we impact the next generation for Christ through excellent God-centered education. Opportunities for leadership, creativity, and professional advancement abound as our growing, thriving school impacts a world in desperate need of God’s love and truth.
Our History: Hope Preparatory School was established in 2019 as a private, Christian non-profit committed to providing a Christian classical education to a diverse student body, including underserved students, at an affordable price.
Our Mission: We are driven by our mission to foster hope in God by closing the achievement gap and preparing our students for college and beyond. We are fueled by our love for God and his care for every one of our students which motivates us to get better every day. Join our team of mission-driven brothers and sisters to work hard, do good, and make a difference.
We offer competitive salaries above NC average private elementary school salaries. We offer a $1000 signing bonus as well as a Relocation Bonus, if needed. Employment decisions will be made on the basis of each applicant’s job qualifications, experience, and abilities in full accord with Hope’s statement of faith, mission, and values.
Hope Preparatory School is currently accepting applications for the following positions:
The ideal teacher candidate will:
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree or higher. Applicants with a variety of degrees are welcome, including, but not limited to, English, Math, Education, Christian Missions, Biblical Studies, Classical Languages, and History. A teaching certificate is welcome but not required.
- Be willing to be trained in Classical Liberal Arts Education. Candidates with classical education experience will be given preference in hiring decisions.
- Demonstrate skill, creativity, and joy in teaching children with excellence.
- Be capable of instilling in students the art of math, the art of language, and the love of story.
- Display a love for learning and a passion to cultivate that love in their students.
- Love God and His Word and will share this love with students and families.
- Agree with the school’s statement of faith, attend and be in good standing with a Christian church, and live a life of discipleship under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate well with parents.
- Be eager to teach, learn, and serve together in unity within a missional Christian school community.
Do these qualities describe you?
If so, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com or give us a call with inquiries at 252-549-4167, Head of School, Diane Spear.
Hope Preparatory is one of seven Founder Schools of the Spreading Hope Network www.spreadinghopenetwork.org, a division of Hope Academy in Minneapolis, Minnesota. www.hopeschool.org – Hope Academy Video
We are a member of the Classical Latin School Association. https://classicallatin.org/partner-schools
Blessings to you as you seek God’s plan for your future.
Hope Prep Teacher Benefits
- $1,000 New Teacher Signing Bonus
Relocation Bonus, if needed, varies
$3,000 Professional Development stipend to earn a Certificate in the Classics – 12 graduate-level hours
Salary increase for Master’s in Classical Education and the opportunity to earn 18 additional hours at a discounted rate
8 Weeks Paid Maternity Leave/1 Week Paid Paternity Leave
Teaching Supplies Allowance
7 Days Paid Sick/Personal Leave
Summers, Weekends, Major Holidays, Spring Break Off